Counselling | Professional Supervision | Hypnotherapy | Management Coaching | EAP (Employee Assistance Programs) | School counselling programs | Children, Adolescent, Adult and Aged counselling services.
1. How do I make an appointment?
Please call us on 03 5222 4737 or email us your enquiry and we will get back to you.
If you are coming with a GP referral, please fax us your Mental Health Care Plan from your GP to 03 5298 1108 e-mail email@example.com making sure that your name and correct contact details are on the referral and someone will be in touch with you to make a suitable time.
2. How long are the appointments?
The first appointment is always 50 mins. Subsequent appointments are usually 50 minutes but may vary depending on the nature of the problem and ongoing treatment.
3. Our services
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Relationship counselling
- Neurological disorders, illness and health counselling.
- Transition into residential care
- Carer counselling
- Child and adolescent counselling
- Seniors counselling
- Career counselling and business coaching
- Life coaching
- Parenting and family counselling
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Stress and life skills workshops
- Allied health supervision
Medicare does not provide rebates for all presentations such as couples counselling
4. How much does it cost?
- The cost of initial appointment is $125 .
- Subsequent appointments are billed at $115/ session (addition charge of $30 per 15 minutes is automatically billed once over the initial allocated time.
- $125 charged for all sessions that include a report required (for Medicare review).
- $130.00 for After-hours appointments.
- $100 deposit is required at the time of making initial appointment.
- Late cancellation fees (half of the applicable fee) apply to cancellations less than 2 business days prior to the appointment.
- We do not accept cheques.
5. Alternative funding?
Some of our clients come to us under different referral process such as
- Employee assistance programs
- Carer funded counselling programs
- Military and Veterans and family counselling
If this is the case for you, your fees will be covered by a third party. You will be aware of this if it pertains to you.
If you, or a family member, is (or has been) a member of the Military or hold a Gold card, please let us know on your information form as you too may be able to access some funded sessions.
Please also tell us if you are caring for a family member or a loved one.
6. How long is the waiting list?
The waiting list is variable for an initial consultation depending upon your preferred times and the various therapists availability. Usually it is a 2-4 week wait for your first appointment.
7. Is it possible to get in earlier?
Cancellations happen, so if you are flexible enough with times and are able to come in at relatively short notice it may well be possible to get in earlier, just ask to be put on the cancellation list.
8. Can I write a detailed summary or send information about my situation ahead of the appointment?
Please feel free to write a summary of your situation. People often report that they find this process useful to collect their thoughts. Our therapists also find it helpful if you can bring as much information about the nature of your concerns or previous treatment to the appointment. However, we ask you to be mindful of your time utilised in perusing volumes and suggest that you keep to a one page summary and bring it with you to the appointment.
9. Do you bulk-bill?
We do not bulk-bill (except for some on-site school and residential clinics).
If you are interested in more information on our “on site clinics” and would like to organise them for your school or residential facility please contact us to discuss.
10. I have Private Hospital Cover. Does that help with the cost?
We usually do not provide service under Private Health insurance schemes.
11. Does Medicare Safety Net apply?
If you are coming in with a Medicare referral from your GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist, your out of pocket expenses will contribute towards your Medicare Safety Net. Once you have reached the Safety Net, your Medicare rebate increases so that your out of pocket payment is substantially reduced. Please check with your local Medicare office for more information on the Medicare Safety Net.
You do not need a referral to attend our clinic. Many of our clients choose this option for several reasons. We happily accept private clients.